Why Should You Hire a Window Professional for Your Replacement Job?
Does your home need replacement windows? Before you buy off-the-rack replacements or search the web for the least expensive options, take a look at why you should hire a qualified contractor.
Window Contractors Have Expertise
Do you know the difference between a double-hung window, a casement, or a slider? Even though an educated homeowner is an informed consumer, most people don’t have the extensive expertise of a window contractor. The contractor has:
- Industry knowledge. The replacement window contractor stays on top of the new style trends and latest technology. This knowledge can guide your window buying experience and help you to make the best choices for your home improvement project.
- Efficiency knowledge. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, window-related heat loss/gain causes 25 to 30 percent of heating and cooling energy use in homes. The contractor can help you to choose energy efficient windows that may save you money in utility bills.
- Materials knowledge. Should you choose vinyl, fiberglass, or wood? If you aren’t sure what replacement window material to select, a contractor can help.
- Installation knowledge. Incorrect installation can result in energy loss, an uncomfortable interior, or damage from the elements outdoors. A contractor has the expertise necessary to install your replacement windows the right way the first time.
- Brand knowledge. Do you have a specific brand of window you want to buy? If you do, or if you want to learn more about the brand, a contractor can help you to better understand your options.
- Other knowledge. The contractor knows the lingo and language of windows. From multi-pane to solar heat gain and everything in between, the contractor can help you to learn and understand window-related vocabulary.
Even though expertise is a major factor in the decision to work with a contractor, it isn’t the only reason to choose a window professional. Along with knowledge, the contractor’s experience is another factor to consider before you buy replacement windows.
Window Contractors Have Experience
Why is experience important when you choose a window contractor? More specifically, what can a window contractor’s experience do for you? The experience a contractor brings to your replacement window search can help you select the perfect product for your home and your family’s needs.
If you’re not sure how much experience your potential window contractor has, ask:
- How long have you worked in the industry? Overall industry experience tells you how much expertise the contractor should have. Get specific and ask the window replacement professional about consecutive years of experience.
- How long of you worked in this area? Different regions have different window needs. Make sure your contractor of choice has experience working in the local area. Local experience can help you to choose windows that work well in your area’s climate.
- How much experience do your employees have? A company or contractor may have decades of experience. But if the people who will help you to choose and install the windows are new to the field, you may not benefit from this type of professional service provider.
- How much experience do you have with specific types of windows? Do you want to install a bay window or a custom design? If you have a specific window type in mind, make sure the contractor has experience with this type of installation.
The window contractor can combine years of experience with current knowledge and expertise to guide you through the replacement process. If you’re not sure where to start, what type of windows to choose, or how to maintain your new investment, let the contractor’s experience lead the way.
Are you ready to buy replacement windows for your home? Contact Pella Windows and Doors of Wisconsin for more information.