The Service Technician is responsible for servicing our Pella products in customer homes and businesses while providing an exceptional customer experience.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the recovery and service of any and all service related jobs.
- Provide material list with quantity and specified part for service schedulers to order parts.
- Take and document pictures of all service issues as needed.
- Work with schedulers and Service Manager on out of warranty services for labor rates and estimate of hours to complete.
- Follow processes and procedures, (ex. product discrepancies).
- Collaboratively work with both the Sales Team and the Schedulers for reorders and reschedules of jobs.
- Customer Service – Internal and External
- Customer surveys, efficiency
- Embrace our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the company.
- Represent the company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
- Hold self accountable to performance goals.
- Consider the owners, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
- Have a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Maintain current knowledge of products and industry trends by attending seminars, member associations and reading industry information.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
- Consistently demonstrate the desired competencies related to the this position (stated below):
- Team Player
- Informal Communication
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Customer Orientation
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) required.
- Proficient knowledge of OMS, PQM and Service Module.
- Construction, window or door experience preferred.
- Must be able to push/pull windows using a force of 45-250 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials weighing 35-75 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull 100-600 lbs. of force on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to spend eight hours or more on his/her feet.
- Work well in a fast pace environment.
- Work great not only as part of a team but individually.
- Attention to detail a must when completing paperwork