The Project Coordinator (PC) position is generally assign to a specific segment of business. The PC is primarily responsible for coordinating the order entry, purchasing, scheduling, releasing, delivery, and possible installation of customer orders in a timely manner. Is responsible for ensuring that each detail in the customer’s order is addressed by managing orders from the point of contract through final resolution, which may include post installation and/or service issues. Works closely with sales teams, order fulfillment teams and 3rd party providers to achieve and provide excellent customer satisfaction. Must be able to work well in a team environment. Assigned tasks may vary based on business necessity.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis.
- External and internal customer contact
- Reviewing and booking orders from the sales team
- Purchasing product from vendors and our corporate manufacturing facilities
- Recording key dates and activities related to orders
- Scheduling and releasing completed product
- Scheduling of Value Add and Pre-finish
- Coordinating delivery of customer orders
- Collects customer payments following installation or delivery as needed
- Managing recovery process for shortages and damaged product
- Ordering parts and/or scheduling service appointments as needed
- Processes factory credits to Pella Corporation and provides follow up/revision to pending or denied credits
- Resource for PQM IADM and product offering questions
- May assist with physical inventory and help resolve inventory discrepancies
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the department
- Coordination and management of installation permits
- Collecting and verifying Lead Safe Install paperwork when applicable
- Scheduling installation of Pella products
- Scheduling installation recovery appointments
- Approving and processing payments for sub-contracted installation companies
- Customer Service – Internal and External
- Individual Goal Achievement
- Embrace our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the company.
- Represent the company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
- Hold self accountable to performance goals.
- Consider the owners, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
- Has a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Maintain current knowledge of products and industry trends by attending seminars, member associations and reading industry information.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
- Consistently demonstrate the desired competencies related to the this position (stated below):
- Team Player
- Active Communications
- Organization & Planning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Customer Orientation
- Industry Knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) required.
- High School Diploma or GED required. AA or Technical degree preferred,
- 0-2 year’s customer service, or general business experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of general construction applications and terminology and/or window and door applications or components is desirable but not required.
- Will be expected to develop proficiency in Pella proprietary software (i.e. PQM, PSI,OMS, etc.)