The Driver Helper is responsible for assisting the Delivery Driver with the coordination of inventory and unloading of trucks.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis.
- Load and unload product from the truck and within the warehouse.
- Riding with the driver to deliver product in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist the driver with monitoring road conditions, traffic, etc. on the ride to and from jobsites.
- Supporting driver in maintaining a clean and safe vehicle.
- Interact well with the entire team regarding schedules and parts.
- Customer Service – Internal and External
- Customer surveys, efficiency
- Individual Goal Achievement
- Embrace our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the company.
- Represent the company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
- Hold self accountable to performance goals.
- Consider the owner, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
- Have a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Maintain current knowledge of products and industry trends by attending seminars, member associations and reading industry information.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
- Consistently demonstrate the desired competencies related to the this position (stated below):
- Customer Orientation
- Team Player
- Informal Communication
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Organizing & Planning
- Positive Impact
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and accurately follow instructions
- Communicate professionally with customers and coworkers
- Must be able to push/pull windows using a force of 45-250 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry boxes weighing 35-75 lbs. up and down stairs and continuously as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull 100-600 lbs. of force on a frequent basis.
- Work well in a fast pace environment.