The Commercial Sales Representative (Rep), is responsible for selling products to general contractors, developers, and building owners. Commercial Sales Reps build relationships with customers to proactively sell our products while providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis.
1. Own the full sales process by:
b. Assessing customer needs
c. Assessing current market conditions
d. Demonstrating product application
e. Seek and write production specification in conjunction with Architectural Consultant
f. Executing product sales
g. Ensuring customer satisfaction
2. Gain new business through cold-calling, networking and referrals
3. Utilize electronic systems, software, and relationships to seek quote opportunities to manage your business
Results (60%) – A goal will be given for each
1. Meetings – Face to face meetings are designed to build relationships and generate value.
2. Quotes – Quotes need to be generated for new opportunities. Quotes should be passed to the PC/estimator. These can come from various different auto generated or other lead services. Quotes need to be followed up on per the sales follow up process.
3. Bookings – Bookings are a leading indicator to sales.
4. Sales – Sales are the reason we are here. Sales are generated by the above mentioned steps.
5. Margin – Margins impact the financial strength of our organization and we need to meet our financial goals for profitable growth.
1. Embraces our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the company.
2. Positively represents the company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
3. Holds self accountable to performance goals.
4. Considers the owner, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
5. Has a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities.
Job Title: Commercial Sales Representative
Reports to: Commercial Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
6. Maintains current knowledge of products and industry trends by attending seminars, member associations and reading industry information.
7. Delivers service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
8. Consistently demonstrate the desired competencies related to this position (stated below):
1. Organizing & Planning
3. Relationship Building
4. Active Communications
5. Listening Skills
6. Growth Orientation
9. Results Orientation
10. Industry Knowledge
1. Two – four years of outside sales experience preferred.
2. Construction and architectural experience preferred.
3. Experience with in the window or construction industry preferred.