The Commercial Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing the Sales Representatives and support personnel that are accountable for planning, coordinating and executing the marketing and selling process of the company’s services in accordance with the company philosophy to maximize long term profitability.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee the organization of time and effort for effective coverage of territory for the sales team. Take each account into perspective in terms of present sales and future sales.
- Maintain a daily line of communication with the Commercial sales team on business taking place in each of their territories. Provide coaching to assist with making decisions and acts independently and in conjunction with the sales reps on such matters as price quotations, customer specifications and delivery schedules.
- Keep informed of competitor’s policies, products, organization and sales trends and devises means to combat them in his/her own area of responsibility.
- Give proper attention to selling expense, staying within the established limitations.
- Ensure proper credits and agreements are received and executed from Pella Corp.
- Sales production, bookings
- Individual/Team Goal Achievement
- Embrace our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the company.
- Represent the company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
- Lead by example, hold self and team accountable to performance goals.
- Motivate employees to achieve performance and recognize success.
- Consider the owners, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
- Have a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends by attending seminars, associations and reading industry news.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
- Consistently demonstrate the desired competencies related to the this position (stated below):
- Active Communications
- Coaching & Counseling
- Team Management
- Business Thinking
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- High Standards
- Results Orientation
- Industry Knowledge
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field; 6-8 years of sales management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM systems.
- Construction knowledge.
- Clean driving record.