The Building Materials Sales Representative (Rep), is responsible for selling products to home builders, developers and remodelers. Building Materials Sales Reps build relationships with customers to proactively sell our products while providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis.
- Own the full sales process by:
- Assessing customer needs
- Demonstrating product application
- Seek and write production specification
- Estimating at the bidding stage
- Executing product sales and delivery
- Following up on product installation
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Gain new business through cold-calling, networking and referrals
- Utilize electronic systems and software to quote products and manage your business
- Production, bookings, # of prospects converted, territory management %
- Customer Service – Internal and External
- CSR Score
- Free Stuff Report, % of errors
- Individual Goal Achievement
- Embraces our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the company.
- Positively represents the company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
- Holds self accountable to performance goals.
- Considers the owner, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
- Has a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Maintains current knowledge of products and industry trends by attending seminars, member associations and reading industry information.
- Delivers service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
- Consistently demonstrate the desired competencies related to the this position (stated below):
- Relationship Building
- Informal Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Growth Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Industry Knowledge
- Two – four years of outside sales experience preferred.
- Construction and architectural experience preferred.
- Experience with in the window or construction industry preferred.