This person will serve as the first point of contact for the Pella showroom customer. This position will be responsible for understanding the customer’s needs and wants and presenting respective solutions and a compelling case for customers to choose Pella. This person will also be responsible for entering and updating customer information in ACE/CRM system, providing a project quotation or cost detail and/or scheduling in-home appointments. This position will be an ambassador, guiding customers through a first-hand experience of our brand, products and digital tools.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis.
- Be responsible for the showroom condition, ensure cleanliness, neatness and a favorable condition for our customers. Make sure literature, samples, product displays are always stocked and in excellent condition.
- Be responsible for walk-in homeowner sales. Coordinate all estimates, sales, delivery, and service for these sales.
- Follows a structured sales process and delivers project quotation or cost detail. Completes sales transactions which may include handling deposits (checks, credit cards).
- Keep customer updated in all phases of the project. This position will schedule and communicate any changes or adjustments to estimates, ordering, delivery, and service.
- Assist with accounting on outstanding balances.
- This position will follow-up on any services Pella Windows & Doors of Wisconsin provides and assures customers’ expectations have been met.
- Customer Service – Internal and External
- Individual Goal Achievement
- Embraces our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the company.
- Represents the company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
- Holds oneself accountable to performance goals.
- Considers the owner, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
- Has a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Maintains current knowledge of products and industry trends by attending seminars, member associations and reading industry information. Develop relationships with industry and trade groups.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
- Consistently demonstrates the desired competencies related to the this position (stated below):
- Customer Orientation
- Team Player
- Informal communication
- Listening skills
- Organization & Planning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Industry Knowledge
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred; job experience acceptable in lieu of secondary education.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) required.
- Experience with or ability to learn PQM, ACE, CRM, PSI and OMS preferred.
- Construction knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to work weekend and evening hours required.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with arms and hands; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.