The Accounting Manager / Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to month end close and job costing activities. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely job costing and activities related to month and year end close. The Accounting Manager / Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of accounting specialists who are responsible for accounts payable, job costing, inventory management, and payroll functions. This position has tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, job cost analysis, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting, job costing (percent complete) and general ledger structure
- Ensures the timely reporting of job costing (percent complete). Executes monthly and year-end close processes, prepare and review journal entries and reconciliations, and complete month-end reporting requirements to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Oversees the general accounting functions to ensure the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities, including but not limited to accounts payable, job costing, inventory management, general accounting, and payroll.
- Works with the Controller and CFO to ensure a timely year end audit
- Maintains employee information within online pay tracking system and administration of payroll reports with assistance of local VAR on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Hires, coaches and develops a high performing team.
- Customer Service – Internal & External
- Individual Goal Achievement
- Embraces our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the Company.
- Represents the Company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
- Holds self and team accountable to performance goals.
- Motivates employees to achieve performance and recognize success.
- Considers the owners, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
- Has a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities are vital attributes necessary to be successful in this position.
- Maintains current knowledge of products and industry trends by attending seminars, member associations and reading industry information.
- Deliver service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
- Consistently demonstrate the desired competencies related to the this position (stated below):
- Active Communications
- Coaching & Counseling
- Financial Insight
- Organization & Planning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- High Standards
- Business Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
- Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software is required.
- Knowledge in Key2Act / WennSoft is required.
- CPA is preferred.
|Location||Green Bay, WI|